What You Need to Know about Medical Insurance and the Canadian Super Visa
If you have been looking for more information about the Canadian Super Visa for grandparents and parents that are visiting relatives in Canada, here is the important data you need to know. The super visa allows grandparents or parents of permanent residents or citizens of Canada to visit for a maximum of two years. In order to qualify for this visa, the parents or grandparents must meet the following requirements:
- Be a grandparent or parent of a permanent resident or of a Canadian citizen
- Be able to prove that the grandchild or the child of the visitor has the minimum income required
- Pass a medical examination for the immigration department
- Provide a statement from the grandchild or the child indicating that financial support will be provided to the visitor during his stay
- Is legally permitted to enter Canada
- Can provide proof of $100,000 coverage of medical insurance in Canada for at least one year.
Canada provides free health care to its residents but not to visitors, transients or tourists to the individual provinces. If a person that is visiting Canada needs to go to the hospital or visit a doctor while in the country, the service is not provided free of charge. For this reason, all visitors must have insurance in place before applying for the super visa.
Super Visa Medical Insurance Requirements
The coverage requirements for medical insurance in order to apply for the super visa include:
- Valid for a year upon entry into Canada
A person that is applying for the super visa but intends to stay less than a year must still purchase coverage that is valid for an entire year upon entry to the country. If a person is going to be taking a number of trips into Canada within the super visa 10-year limit, will still need to prove that insurance coverage has been purchased for every Canadian entry.
It’s important to get all the information you need about the super visa and the medical coverage required before filling out your application. In order to move forward with your application for super visa insurance Canada and for help with Super Visa insurance quotes Canada, please visit our website now at comparebuysave.ca.